The Top 10 Ways to Sell AVON
The AVON brochures are a fantastic tool, and can generate sales easily in their own right. However, the brochures are NOT the only tool available to help you sell AVON products. Remember, there is a very simple equation – the more you sell, the more you earn – so use as many of these tools as you can to help propel your sales through the roof and your bank balance into happy land.
We have put together a list of the top 10 ways to sell AVON, but keep an eye on the blog as we will keep adding to the list in the coming months – and we are always happy to hear from other AVON representatives with your own tips on how to help sell more products.
Sell AVON. Sell MORE AVON. Its easy with our top 10 tips![fancy_list style=”arrow_list” variation=”hotpink”]
- [highlight2 variation=”hotpink”]Ten – Samples[/highlight2] Put a sample in with your brochure or with the customers order, and make a note in your calling book of which sample you put in. You will see that where you have left a sample, your chance of getting an order which includes the product matching the sample is MUCH higher. Remember, with Smart Start you are eligible to get free samples on every single one of your first 6 orders. Use these to help increase your order value and boost your earning power.
- [highlight2 variation=”hotpink”]Nine – Demonstration Products[/highlight2] Ordering demo products from your “Hello Tomorrow” magazine not only means you get products cheaper, and two campaigns before your customers, it also means that you are able to show your customers the actual products they are thinking of ordering. Whilst the AVON brochure is an amazing tool to help you sell AVON, nothing can beat being able to actually feel, touch, see and smell the item you would like to buy. By taking demo products with you when you are dropping off and collecting your brochures means you have an extra tool to help you sell AVON products to customers who then know that they are ordering the exact right thing. Demonstration products can also be returned (with the 90 day money back guarantee) after you have shown your customers, so it wont even cost you anything to do this!
- [highlight2 variation=”hotpink”]Eight – FaceBook brochure[/highlight2] The personal online brochure which you can put directly on to your FaceBook wall can help you sell AVON in a number of different ways. Firstly it allow syou to reach new customers – people who don’t already see your brochure, but who may know you. Secondly it allows your customers that already see a book to have longer time with their brochure. We normally recommend leaving a brochure with a customer for 2 to 3 days. By posting to your FaceBook wall early in the campaign, your customers can get a preview of what is coming up and take longer deciding what to buy. And thirdly, after you have collected the brochure back, your online brochure allows customers to add to their order right up until the day the order goes in.
- [highlight2 variation=”hotpink”]Seven – FaceBook widgets[/highlight2] There are lots of fun and useful widgets you can post to your FaceBook wall that will help to both engage your customers and to boost your sales. From the hair colour widget which allows people to try their hair in different AVON colours to the make up widgets that allow them to edit their photo with different shades of AVON make-up on, these all allow the customer to experiment with your products and help you to sell AVON
- [highlight2 variation=”hotpink”]Six – AVON parties / get togethers[/highlight2] Holding an informal AVON party can be both fun and a great way to help sell AVON in a relaxed way with a group of friends. Your AVON party will work best if you have a good selection of samples and demonstration products, and can help you to find brand new customers from the people you already know – or friends of friends.
- [highlight2 variation=”hotpink”]Five – Incentives[/highlight2] Popping an incentive in with your brochures is a simple, easy and incredibly effective way to help sell AVON to more people, and sell more AVON to the people who already buy. You can offer a prize draw with one entry for each £10 (or £15 or whatever level you set) spent, you can offer a loyalty scheme with free or discounted products for people who order for a certain number of consecutive campaigns, you can offer a discount for any customer who gets you a new ordering customer and so on. Be imaginative, but do figure out what the prize will cost you and make sure that the extra sales you get are more than capable of covering the cost of the prize, discount or offer. Hello Tomorrow products are great to offer as incentives as they tend to be a lot cheaper than buying them at full price.
- [highlight2 variation=”hotpink”]Four – Pamper Evenings, Fundraising Fairs and School Fairs[/highlight2] There are almost always events being held close to you where the public come wnting to spend money. Some of our most successful representatives are the ones who regularly attend these events. We have noticed that certain products ALWAYS sell well at these – the Kids Detangling spray, the Skin So Soft moisturisers and room sprays are always great sellers – but make sure you have a good variety of different products to offer and definitely make sure to take a brochure or two with plenty of order forms for people who want to order things you might not have with you on the day. Fairs and pamper evenings are normally also associated with charity fundraising, so this is also a good chance to get some positive press about your AVON business. 😉
- [highlight2 variation=”hotpink”]Three – AVON Angels[/highlight2] Do you have customers who you know work in an environment where there are lots of potential new customers for you? Or perhaps they have a large family? Either way, speak to these customers and ask for their help. You can then either give them a discount on the extra orders they bring in (i.e. either they pass the discount on to their friends and family), or they can earn by helping you to sell. This method of getting your existing customers to help you sell AVON to more people is incredibly effective, easy and reliable.
- [highlight2 variation=”hotpink”]Two – Questionnaires and Tips[/highlight2] One of the most successful tips we have ever heard of! On the AVON website is a questionnaire for choosing the exact skincare products for your own skin. An AVON representative printed off this questionnaire and included it with all of her brochures, saying to her customers if they filled it in and gave it back to her, she would then give them a personalised skin care regime. The customers filled in their details, and the representative then keyed this information onto the AVON website, and printed off the results and gave these back to her customers. This is quite time consuming! The representative estimated in total it toook her between 3 and 4 hours extra to get this done. However, the next campaign, her sales were up over £500! Her earnings were roughly £125, which means her four hours basically paid her over £30 per hour……. 🙂
- [highlight2 variation=”hotpink”]One – Tell EVERYBODY[/highlight2] This is one of the most commonly overlooked, but easiest ways to help you sell AVON to more people. Tell everybody that you meet that you are an AVON representative. AVON is a well known brand, and people get quite upset when they lose their rep and can no longer order. By letting everybody know that you are an active AVON representative, you massively increase your chances of getting their order. Be passionate about the brand, and it will be returned with cash in your hand. The more people know you sell AVON, the more people can order from you. Simple, easy and free!
Do you have your own tips on how to sell AVON?
We hope you find this article useful. Now, we would like you to help us out by doing one or more of the following:
- Like, share, Tweet or Google +1 this page
- Share the link to this page on your own website copy and paste the code below this box)
- Leave us your comments with other tips, or feedback on the tips above